The Worldwide Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, the Fifth Khalifa visited the ‘Sadiq Mosque’ in Chicago on 17 June 2012. The Sadiq Mosque is the oldest Mosque of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat in the USA.
The premises were purchased in 1922 by the first Ahmadi Missionary in the USA, Mufti Muhammad Sadiq who was a companion of the Promised Messiah, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian. Until then the building had been used as a townhouse but thereafter it became the Headquarters of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat in the USA, which it remained until 1950, when the Headquarters moved to Washington D.C.
In 1988 it was decided to build a properly structured mosque at the premises and so the construction began in 1992 and was completed in 1994. The newly built mosque was formally inaugurated by the Fourth Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad on 23 October 1994.
During his visit Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad was greeted by hundreds of Ahmadis, many of whom were overcome with emotion at the site of seeing the Khalifa.
His Holiness was taken on a tour of the Mosque itself and other parts of the premises by the President of the Chicago East chapter of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, Abdul Kareem, who himself converted to Ahmadiyyat in 1966.
Photographs of the USA tour are being regularly posted and updated in Al Islam Photo Gallery.