In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Ever Merciful.

Love for All, Hatred for None.

Browse Al Islam

A Brief History of Ahmadiyya Movement In Islam

Sadr Anjuman Ahmadiyya

In January 1906 Hudhoor (AS) instituted the Central Ahmadiyya Council to look after the administrative affairs of the Jamaat. The first president of this council was Hadhrat Maulana Noor al-Din, who was appointed by Hazart Ahmad (AS).

The head of this Council is called Nazre Aala (Executive Director). The Anjuman consists of various Nazarats (departments) like Treasury, Education, Justice, Properties, Propagation, Pensions, Guidance, Publication, Finance, and General Welfare. A Nazir (Director) heads each of the departments. The head offices of the Council are located in Qadian & Rabwah.

On March 1st, 1906 Sahibzada Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad started the publication of a magazine “Tasheez al-Azhan” (sharpening of the minds) with the permission of the Promised Messiah (AS). The purpose of this periodical was to educate Ahmadi youths. A public library was also established in 1908 by Sahibzada sahib under the name Anjuman Tasheez al-Azhan. Lot of people donated money and books for this project.