On April 11th, 1900 the Promised Messiah delivered a sermon in Arabic in Aqsa mosque on the day of Eid al-Azha. This was the first time that Huzoor(as) delivered a sermon in Arabic language without prior preparation or notes. Hazrat Maulvi Abdul Karim(ra) translated the sermon for the congregation. The entire text of the sermon is recorded in the book Khutba Ilhamiya.
A tradition of the Holy Prophet of Islam(saw) states that the Promised Messiah will descend by the white minaret to the East of Damascus. In order to have this prophecy fulfilled literally as well as spiritually, Hazrat Ahmad(as) proposed the construction of a minaret in the courtyard of the Aqsa Mosque in Qadian.
Members sent in donations enthusiastically for this project. Huzoor(as) laid the foundation stone in 1903, unfortunately the construction work stopped due to insufficient funds. Eventually the work resumed in 1914 during the Caliphate of Hazrat Musleh Mauood(ra) and completed in December 1916.
For the population census of 1901 the Promised Messiah(as), proposed the name Musalman Firqah Ahmadiyya (Ahmadiyya Muslim Sect) for his Community. Since then our Community is called Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at, its members Ahmadi Muslims.