In January 1906 Huzoor(as) instituted the Central Ahmadiyya Council to look after the administrative affairs of the Jama;at. The first president of this council was Hazrat Maulana Noor al-Din, who was appointed by Hazart Ahmad(as).
The head of this Council is called Nazre Aala (Executive Director). The Anjuman consists of various Nazarats (departments) like Treasury, Education, Justice, Properties, Propagation, Pensions, Guidance, Publication, Finance, and General Welfare. A Nazir (Director) heads each of the departments. The head offices of the Council are located in Qadian & Rabwah.
On March 1st, 1906 Sahibzada Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad started the publication of a magazine “Tasheez al-Azhan” (sharpening of the minds) with the permission of the Promised Messiah(as). The purpose of this periodical was to educate Ahmadi youths. A public library was also established in 1908 by Sahibzada sahib under the name Anjuman Tasheez al-Azhan. Lot of people donated money and books for this project.