At the Annual Conference of 1973, Huzoor presented the details of a grand project before the members, known as Centenary Jubilee Plan. Huzoor said:
“When one century ends and the new century begins on the establishment of the Movement, that will be according to God’s will a century of conquests of Islam. To welcome the century of the conquests of Islam, I urge you to offer sacrifices for spreading the light of the Holy Quran to the ends of the earth.”
The main objective for which Huzoor established the Centenary Jubilee Fund was:
- To bring the message of Islam to the ends of the Earth
- To establish additional Ahmadiyya Mission houses
- To publish Islamic literature in 100 languages of the world
- To install a modern printing press in Pakistan
- To establish a radio station in an African country
- To translate the Holy Quran into six languages.
He requested the members to contribute Rs. 2.5 million towards this project. The pledges however received in this respect were four times the requested amount.
To maximize the full effects of this endeavor, Huzoor also put forth a spiritual plan before the members. A brief summary of this plan includes (1) A supererogatory fast should be observed every month. (2) Two ‘nafal’ prayers should be offered daily (3) Surat Fatiha should be recited seven times a day with full attention. (4) Darood Sharif, Tasbeeh & Istighfar should be recited 33 times a day. (5) The following two Quranic prayers should be recited eleven times a day.
Rabbana afrigh alaina sabran wa sabbit aqdamana wansurna alal kaum al-Kafireen
Allahomma inna najaluka fee nahoorihim w na-auzooa bika min sharoori him
In August 1976 Huzoor paid a visit to Ahmadi communities of the United States and Canada. Hudhoor attended a grand reception given in his honor on August 10th, 1976 at the Inn on the Park Hotel in Toronto. Members of Parliament, dignitaries, and hundreds of Ahmadis attended the reception. Later Huzoor visited some Toronto landmarks including the Niagara Falls. He was much impressed with the exquisite beauty and breath-taking view of the Falls. He was the first Caliph to visit the North American continent.
It is worthy of note that following projects have been carried out successfully under the Centenary Jubilee Project:
- Construction of a mosque and mission house in Sweden
- Construction of a huge mosque and mission house in Srinagar, Kashmir
- Islamic literature printed on large scale
- Construction of a mosque in Norway and Spain
- Scholarships & medals given to outstanding students for academic achievements
- Construction of Centenary Jubilee office in Rabwah