Besides widespread preaching of Islam, Huzoor was deeply concerned about the spiritual upbringing of members of the Jamaat. In this respect he took the following steps:
- He initiated lectures on the exposition of the Holy Quran for Ahmadi men and women. These lectures were later published under the title Tafseere Kabir. This commentary of the Holy Book is of such a high caliber from an intellectual point of view that many non-Ahmadi scholars have expressed their unreserved admiration for it. Many people were converted to Ahmadiyyat after its perusal. The commentary also proved invaluable in the moral upbringing of the members.
- Also Huzoor translated the Holy Quran into Urdu language. The translation is fluent, simple, idiomatic, and in an easy to understand language, it also included explanatory notes. It was first published under the title Tafseere Saghir in 1957. It was well received by one & all.
- The second method employed for moral upbringing of the Jamaat was speeches and sermons by Huzoor. These speeches were delivered on almost every theological topic with moral guidance in mind. These sermons were enlightening; they were definitely instrumental in the intellectual development of the members.
- In 1919 Huzoor decided to divide the Sadr Anjuman Ahmadiyya (Central Executive Directorate) into various departments like education, treasury. He also instituted the procedures for electing office bearers in various cities and hired inspectors to oversee their work. This resulted in effective and timely Community work being performed by the members in all the cities and towns of the country.
- Huzoor founded the organization Lajna Ima-Allah in 1922 for religious upbringing of the ladies. A magazine Misbah was introduced in 1926 solely for this organization. In 1928 Nusrat Girls High School was established and in 1951 Jamia Nusrat (Women’s College) started functioning in Rabwah. Ahmadi girls were thus enabled to get University education close to their homes. Religious instruction was also given in these schools.
- In 1938 Huzoor established the organization Khuddam al-Ahmadiyya for youth. For young boys Atfal al-Ahmdiyya, and for young girls Nasirat al-Ahmadiyya. For those over forty years of age the organization of Ansar-Allah was established in 1940. These organizations played a vital role in the moral and educational training of the Jamaat; producing a cadre of volunteers who have served and are still serving the Community in a remarkable manner.