Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat abhors all forms of terrorism
On 19 October 2011, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat issued a Press Release entitled ‘World Muslim Leader sends warning to Dutch Politician Geert Wilders’ (copy attached in PDF).
The Press Release was based on a Friday Sermon delivered by Hazrat Khalifa-tul Masih V (aba) , Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, in Holland on 14 October 2011. During the Sermon, His Holiness warned the opponents of Islam, and in particular Mr Geert Wilders, about the consequences of their lies and false propaganda about Islam and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw).
His Holiness also used the Sermon to praise the efforts of Queen Beatrix to promote interfaith harmony and tolerance.
Following the publication of the Press Release, Geert Wilders who is the leader of the PVV Party in Holland took notice of its issue and in response sent the following three questions to Holland’s national Interior Ministry:
1. Are you (the Interior Ministry) familiar with the article ‘World Muslim Leader sends warning to Dutch Politician Geert Wilders’ ?
2. (Hazrat) Mr Masroor Ahmad has said ‘ Listen carefully, you, your party and every other person like you will ultimately be destroyed…? What measures does the Interior Ministry plan to take against this Islamic organisation calling for violence?
3. How is the Ahmadiyya community in the Netherlands related to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community worldwide and to (Hazrat) Mr Masroor Ahmad?
In response the following answers were given by the Dutch Interior Minister:
1. Yes (I am familiar with the article).
2. According to the Press Release, (Hazrat) Mr Masroor Ahmad said that such people or groups are not destroyed by violence or other secular activities, but through prayer. In the remarks I see nothing that incites or calls for violence, so I see little cause for any action against the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat.
3. The Dutch Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is part of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat.
(These responses were reported by the Nieuws Press Agency in Holland on 14 November 2011.)
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat takes this opportunity to thank the Dutch Interior Ministry for fully studying the contents and context of the Press Release issued on 19 October 2011.
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat abhors all forms of terrorism and categorically rejects all sectarian or religious violence.
Whilst it is true, that the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat takes every opportunity to defend true Islam, it does so only through entirely peaceful means and through prayer. It also condemns in the strongest terms those so called Muslims who misrepresent true Islam as a religion of violence and extremism.
“Allah the Almighty has taught Muslims the perfect way to worship” – Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad more
“Khilafat will not become a monarchy” – Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad more
“You should not harbour any fear or reservations” – Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad more
“Terrifying clouds of war hover above us.” – Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad more