Islam’s Response to Contemporary Issues
by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih IV(rh)
Islam’s Response to Contemporary Issues is a lecture delivered at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre (London) by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih IV(rh), the Head of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. Based on Quranic teachings, the Speaker argues that:
- Swords can win territories but not hearts, force can bend heads but not minds;
- The role of women is not of concubines in harems nor a society imprisoned in the four walls of their homes;
- Richer nations provide aid with strings attached and yet the flow of wealth continues to be in the direction of the rich while the poorer sink deeper in the red;
- Religion does not need to be the predominant legislative authority in the political affairs of a state;
- Irrespective of the thawing of the Cold War, the issue of war and peace does not only hang by the thread of superpower relationship;
- Without God there can be no peace.
It also contains comprehensive discussion on interest; financial aid; international relations; and the role of Israel, America and the United Kingdom in a new world order.
Its message is timeless and relates to the future prospects for peace. It is a compulsory read for non-Muslims as well as for those Muslims who have forgotten the true message of Islam.
Read the book in these formats